cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: same vlan on different nics
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:01:42 GMT
That's fine, I can change the patch referenced for CLOUDSTACK-226 so that
it doesn't apply to KVM, and then changing the unique index will allow
things to work for KVM.

 If the only problem is the bridge naming, as was changed with KVM
(previously the same vlan on two different physical nics would end up with
the same bridge name which obviously wouldn't work), then this is fine, and
the bridge naming can be reviewed for Xen or other hypervisors as desired.
I just wanted to do a sanity check and make sure there wasn't any other
technical reason why someone couldn't choose to have two or more
independent networks on their physical interfaces. Or something already
known in the code that would break due to this.