cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [ACS401][DISCUSS] 4.0.1 Release dates & such
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:59:58 GMT
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> Sometime ago I suggested a process for doing this.  Have we considered that process and
decided it's not useful?  I think that process is much easier to maintain than a list on the
wiki.

This process is good to adopt going forward - the problem with it is
two fold, though:

* Many of those bugs were fixed without knowledge that there would be
a 4.0.1 - and so many have 4.1.0 as their fix version.
* Many bugs have no targeted fixed version - or in some cases have
multiple which is even more confusing.

I think there probably needs to be a more active triaging of bugs by
folks doing release management, and maybe some consensus about what
needs to go where. I am somewhat concerned about the person filing
bugs needing to make that initial determination of whether the fix
should be in x.x.+1 or x.+1.x, etc.

Speaking of, I'll go look into tickets with no fix version set.

--David