cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: upgrade from CS4.0 137 - to latest stable 4.0
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 17:50:17 GMT
On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Musayev, Ilya <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
> I was running on CS4 137 Jenkins build and now want to go to official CS4.0 release
>
> If I was to drop all RPMs and install new ones or do an upgrade (if its supported), is
that sufficient? Or do I still need to do DB changes?

> I'd like to preserve my existing environment..
>
> Thanks
> ilya

Unknown really- the jenkins builds aren't really designed to be
upgradeable. It depends on if the state of the database has changed
between the two.
If nothing has changed, should be fine just to uninstall re-install
(doubt rpm -Uvh will work) If schema has changed, you will need to
alter schema to reflect the new reality.

--David