cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Jiang <alex.jiang....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Help] Use Ceph RBD as primary storage in CloudStack
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 01:55:18 GMT
Hi, Prasanna
I did not make any customizations to the procedure.You only need to
put the source code in the right path when building Ceph.
The errors I mentioned above occur because qemu is looking for the
Ceph libraries and not finding them.The library is ceph-devel.x86_64.
So I think for those users who don't want to build Ceph can just
install ceph-devel rpm packages(yum install ceph-devel.x86_64).

Best Regards,
Alex

2012/11/14 Prasanna Santhanam <prasanna.santhanam@citrix.com>:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 02:39:41PM +0530, Alex Jiang wrote:
>> Hi, Marcus
>> Thank you for your reply.Now I can compile Qemu with RBD enable and
>> have added the host to CloudStack successfully.
>>
> Can the below steps be recorded as is on our wiki for setting up ceph?
> Or did you have to make any customizations to the procedure?
>
>> 2012/11/13 Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com>:
>> > Ok, doesn't seem to be built with RBD, but here's a quick rundown on how to
>> > do it. I just ran through this and then tried to make sense of my history,
>> > so hopefully you can adjust it to work for your environment. I built ceph
>> > rpms since I imagine you'll want them if you deploy it elsewhere.
>> >
>> > get dependencies
>> >
>> >    - from yum:
>> >       - yum install automake libtool nss nss-devel fuse-devel gcc-c++
>> >       libatomic_ops-devel libaio-devel boost* libcurl-devel libxml2-devel
>> >       expat-devel rpm-build gcc
>> >       - You may need to do more packages depending on your install
>> >    - from epel:
>> >       - rpm -ivh
>> >       http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/fcgi-2.4.0-10.el6.x86_64.rpm
>> >       http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/fcgi-devel-2.4.0-10.el6.x86_64.rpm
>> >    - from source:
>> >       - wget
>> >       http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/libunwind/libunwind-0.99-beta.tar.gz
>> >       - tar xzf libunwind-0.99-beta.tar.gz
>> >       - cd libunwind-0.99-beta
>> >       - ./configure; make; make install
>> >       - wget http://gperftools.googlecode.com/files/gperftools-2.0.tar.gz
>> >       - tar xzf gperftools-2.0.tar.gz
>> >       - cd gperftools-2.0
>> >       - ./configure; make; make install
>> >

>> > build ceph:
>> >
>> >    - git clone --recursive https://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
>> >    - cd ceph
>> >    - ./autogen.sh
>> >    - ./configure
>> >    - cd ..
>> >    - mv ceph ceph-0.53
>> >    - tar cjf ceph-0.53.tar.bz2 /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES
>> >    - rpmbuild -ba ceph-0.53/ceph.spec
>> >    - rpm -ivh /root/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ceph-devel*
>> >
>> > Now your ./configure of qemu should work. Some notes... you probably don't
>> > want to build RPMs as root. Also, this builds ceph with NSS, which from
>> > what I understand isn't preferable to cryptopp. I installed cryptopp and
>> > cryptopp-devel from EPEL, but it didn't automatically find it so I moved
>> > along in the interest of time.

RBD

and

I am