cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From prasanna <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] All checkins must include unit testing
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:42:48 GMT
I like the idea of unittests with every commit.

A few related topics I have that might be worth considering in this discussion:

1) What about unittests for the existing code? Or do we fill that gap slowly?
2) Minor but we should probably update the unittesting wiki on how to
mock our managers, daos etc?

And a few things I'm confused about:

1) Gerrit is a code review tool just like reviewboard? So - would it
really serve the purpose if committers can still check-in without
unittests?
2) Or do we enforce everyone to send in for gerrit review? That seems
counter-intuitive to the idea of committer-ship?

On 10 November 2012 18:59, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> While I understand what you are saying, I still think anyway we can get gerrit up and
running and just have people used to using it is a big plus.  The fact is we really don't
know what people are checking in right now.  If we actually have testing, I wouldn't be as
big on this.  It is precisely because we don't have testing that makes me want to make sure
we at least have a review system in place to catch problems.