cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <ch0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we still use DevCloud VM Image ?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 07:10:07 GMT
Hi Rohit,

Can you answer to this question please ? Do I have to follow instructions
here to configure NFS server (
http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html#nfs-shares-on-management-server)
?

Another thing that I would like to share. If we configure the Xenbr0
interface like this, then the machine is not able to connect to internet

more /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet dhcp
    bridge_ports eth0

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
   address 192.168.56.2
   netmask 255.255.255.0
   broadcast 192.168.56.255
   gateway 192.168.56.1

Any idea is welcome ?

Regards,

Charles

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com> wrote:

> My question was more about --> Do I have to follow instructions here to
> configure NFS server (
> http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html#nfs-shares-on-management-server)
> ?
>

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com>wrote:
>
>> Yes, hack and go through the .bash_history, setup systemvm template. Then
>> you're pretty much done as long as yout network won't fail you.
>> Rest, you have already built and run mgmt server. Won't be much help.
>>
>> Regards.

MySQL,

>> > that I
>> > devcloud.
>> > and
>> on
>> the
>> knew it

>> > this
>> > accessible
>> NFS, 4.
(2. is
>> the

>> every
I've a
>> was
>> > basically
>> > for
would just
>> is
>> ordered a
>> the

>> > rohit.yadav@citrix.com>

>> > causing

host only network
>> can
>> inside
image with two
>> > network
to reach the
>> > Internet)
server etc.) and it
>> > will
the share the
>> image,
>> those

the untouched
>> > stripped

on virtualbox to
>> > allow
DHCP server
>> runinng in

>> > /etc/network/interfaces

Scope:Link
 Metric:1
Scope:Link
 Metric:1
100
link  src
>> > 192.168.1.6

work. Is there

>> http://be.mirror.eurid.eu/centos/6.3/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.3-x86_64-minimal.iso
>> > >>>>>>>>

>> http://be.mirror.eurid.eu/centos/6.3/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.3-x86_64-minimal.iso
failed:

>> Edison.su@citrix.com>

>> the
>> > >>>>>>>>>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/cloudstack-devcloud-environment-setup.html
public network,
>> thus,
devcloud vm into the
vm's ip to the ip
>> tools/devcloud/devcloud.cfg
vm, which is plugged
>> > into
have two nics, one
>> is
>> > on
"bridge networking",
>> which
route on the bridge

?

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/cloudstack-devcloud-environment-setup.html
>> > fine
are issues with NFS
(CentOs, ...). That
>> was
>> > not

>> (secstorage-1:)
any VPC WARN
(consoleproxy-1:)
>> > Network
any VPC WARN
(secstorage-1:)
>> Network
any VPC WARN
(consoleproxy-1:)
>> > Network
any VPC WARN
(secstorage-1:)
>> Network
with any VPC WARN
(consoleproxy-1:)
>> > Network
with any VPC WARN
(secstorage-1:)
>> Network
any VPC WARN
the generated
>> > keystore.
(Timer-4:) Entering
from storage host,

wget

>> http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/centos/6.3/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.3-x86_64-minimal.iso
>> > >>>>>>>>>

>> http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/centos/6.3/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.3-x86_64-minimal.iso
failed: Temporary

?

(RedHat) Twitter :

(RedHat)

>> --
>> Charles Moulliard
>> Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
>> Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>>

> --
> Charles Moulliard

Charles Moulliard