cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject documentation of tech previews
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:35:16 GMT
Hi,

Jessica and I are having a discussion on  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-464
.

At the core of the discussion is a question regarding the documentation of features that are
still in development.
In that particular bug, the core issue is that I talked about the REST interface in the AWSAPI
docs.

I would like to get feedback and advice from the community on whether we should document features
/ code / tools that may be viewed as work in progress or tech previews.

For instance, in addition to the REST interface for ec2 and s3 (totally undocumented in the
docs), I was going to start working on some introductory documentation for devcloud, marvin
and cloudmonkey.

The wiki is nice for these but I believe they should start being documented in the official
docs. We can add proper warning to users, explaining that they are still under development
but that they can expect to see more complete features in the future.

Flames, comments ?

thanks,

-Sebastien