cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Student Community ?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 15:18:27 GMT
Let me slip in some plans, though we only wanted to do them first and then share. Only thing
is that we want to make these events free for everyone and arranging them in our free time
makes them tricky.
Prasanna would be helping us arranging meetups in IIIT-Hyderabad (his alma mater) and I'm
planning to hold an online meetup (which got postponed twice already) on G+ hangout with my
college foss group (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/foss-itbhu) or probably
go there as an invited speaker in their upcoming technical festival in jan-feb. Probably we
can all hold online meetups for the world, much like the ubuntu community does (http://ubuntuonair.com/).

Lastly, +1 to GSoC '13 I was thinking to propose this around Jan, but good we brought this
up soon.

Regards.

From: Radhika Puthiyetath [radhika.puthiyetath@citrix.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 8:02 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Student Community ?

Hello Community leaders,

I have not seen much discussion around developing a student community for Apache CloudStack.
I could also be wrong.

Where are we standing in terms of student contributions?

If we have not yet think about it, let's  put some effort towards encouraging student participation
in the community activities.

Could we start with inviting students to code CloudStack- an Apache CloudStack Summer of Code
?

Probably, let's plan having our Apache CloudStack Meetups in colleges and education institutions,
that way we can help them build interest in CloudStack.

Looking forward to your suggestions
-Radhika