cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prashant Kumar Mishra <prashantkumar.mis...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, first round
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:25:10 GMT
+1 ,Finally about to cross milestone .

Thanks
Prashant Kumar Mishra

-----Original Message-----
From: Gavin Lee [mailto:gavin.lxh@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:52 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, first round

+1
worth waiting.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:

> On 11-Oct-2012, at 6:48 PM, Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Mehta@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Noah - Agree with you. I think whosoever is voting +1 should explicitly indicate
the extent to which they have tested it as well.

> Agree.
>
> Pl. follow the following wikis for building and testing:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building#Buildi
> ng-ApacheCloudStack4.0
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0+
> test+procedure
>
> And update them as needed.
>
> Things I tested:
> - building oss/nonoss for ubuntu and rhel works.
> - installation of oss/nonoss for ubuntu and rhel works.
> - upgrades (3.0.2 to 4.0) for rhel and ubuntu on nonoss works.
> - basic building, ant debug, deploydb etc.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building#Buildi
> ng-ApacheCloudStack4.0
> - basic zone setup using Xen host
>
> Nonoss patches for 4.0:
> http://bhaisaab.org/patches/cloudstack/0001-BUILD-Make-CloudStack-buil
> dable-with-nonoss-libs.patch
> http://bhaisaab.org/patches/cloudstack/0002-BUILD-nonoss-libs-for-Clou
> dStack.patch
>
> Regards.

asks people to state on the list that they followed the tests, and that they were successful.
I have found in the past that people are often happy to +1 a release without testing it, which
defeats the purpose of the vote. Asking for an explicit acknowledgement increases testing.

>> If there's anyone reading this who already voted +1, indicating how far through the
test procedure you got would be handy!

>> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 2:21 AM, Chip Childers (ASF) < chipchilders@apache.org>
wrote:

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I would like to call a vote for Apache CloudStack (Incubating)
>>> Release 4.0.0-incubating.
>>>
>>> Instructions for Validating and Testing the artifacts can be found here:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.
>>> 0+
>>> test+procedure
>>>
>>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
>>> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
>>> release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so please
>>> give it a shot!
>>>

>>> The following artifacts are up for the vote:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~chipchilders/dist/cloudstack/releases/4.0.
>>> 0-

--
Gavin