cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: Unit Test Failures
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 22:36:10 GMT
I think/hope that you mean 'should not require' :-)

I think we can do something with the integration test framework in maven. I haven't looked
at it in detail yet. Ideally even that should by sort of self contained by using an in memory
database during the integration test fog example.

For now we can put the test classes with db tests in the exclude list in the Pom.xml and I'll
see if I can enable them with a profile.

Cheers,

Hugo

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 okt. 2012, at 23:29, "John Burwell" <jburwell@basho.com> wrote:

> Hugo,
>
> Generally speaking, unit tests should require any outside resources -- including a database.
 Is there a way we can separate the tests that require a database into an integration test
suite?  Such an approach would preserve the important testing being performed by these tests
to continue, and allow for the development of isolated unit tests.

> Thanks,
> -John
>
> On Oct 30, 2012, at 6:21 PM, Hugo Trippaers <HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey John,
>>
>> The unit tests disabled in the maven build for a long time, because a lot of the
unit tests do indeed require an active database. Today I disabled most of those database tests
and enabled the test procedures in maven as I don't think every developer has an active database,
but still might want to run any unittests that don't depend on the database. The tests you
mention most have slipped through, which makes it very interesting as the test result is blue
(in jenkins) while obviously there is something going horribly wrong.

default. See http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/skipping-test.html