cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [ASF40][QA] AWSAPI packging remarks
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 06:04:28 GMT

On 09-Oct-2012, at 11:11 AM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone

>>> That one is a new one.  Wido said he will work on it.
>>>
>>> However, I think the last few days has shown that awsapi is not ready to be released
for 4.0.  It's obviously the last thing being tested and it still has problem after a few
days of work to package it.  It's completely optional to CloudStack.  How about we treat it
as a feature that did not make the release and exclude it for 4.0?

>> I think that would be very disappointing to our users.  At a bare
>> minimum, I'd like to see us get it functional for 4.0.  If we need to
>> mark it as "experimental" due to it's migration into the core
>> CloudStack project, then perhaps that is an option.
>
> If i could, I would like to move cloudbridge into a separate repository. Cloudbridge
and CloudStack are totally independent projects, they may have different release schedule.
We spend so many time on how to get awsapi passed ASF license check, on how to get it work
with maven. Is it worth to spend so much efforts on something not important to CloudStack
itself?

Who uses Cloudbridge? Let's start a new thread, it's a whole different topic.

Regards.

>>> That line is only needed for systems at scale so it's not a hard requirement
on the system.  I see that both David and I added a bug for this.  We should just track it
as that bug.