cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, first round
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 13:18:50 GMT
Noah - Agree with you. I think whosoever is voting +1 should explicitly indicate the extent
to which they have tested it as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Noah Slater [mailto:nslater@tumbolia.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:35 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, first round

Chip,

Thanks for calling the vote! I'll take a look later. :D

Just one quick note. We might want to include a step in the testing procedure that asks people
to state on the list that they followed the tests, and that they were successful. I have found
in the past that people are often happy to +1 a release without testing it, which defeats
the purpose of the vote. Asking for an explicit acknowledgement increases testing.

If there's anyone reading this who already voted +1, indicating how far through the test procedure
you got would be handy!

--
NS