cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Maven] How to build on master
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:16:39 GMT
2012/10/11 Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com>:
> With some minor build fixes I'm able to build, deploydb and debug using Maven now. Pl.
start using master branch as Hugo suggested so we can weed out issues with maven.

> Updated: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building+with+Maven#BuildingwithMaven-BuildingCloudStack
>
> Quick steps:
>
> 1. Export maven settings to have a debugger on port 8787, on your IDE select debugger
type to listen on socket port 8787 (as before):
> $ export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=y"
>
> 2. Clean source tree and build:
> $ mvn clean && mvn install
>
> 3. Deploy database:
> $ mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb
>
> 4. Debug mgmt server server:
> $ mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run
>
> For 4, if MAVEN_OPTS was exported only then 4. will run jetty with a debugger on 8787.
For me it took a lot of time, but when I connect on my IDE and disconnect it booted up faster.
using mvnDebug works too (the port is 8000)

Note: using tomcat-maven-plugin is IMHO is a bit simple and more
productive. As you don't have to install all modules/jars first.
Just use tomcat7:run from the top module and all modules will be
compiled (if needed) and added to the webapp classpath.

BTW I have fixed a bit of stuff in poms and it works now

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com