cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, third round
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 14:06:44 GMT
Okay.

We talked about the waf file on general@incubator, and we established that
the binary component is a compressed archive of Python code. Chip manually
uncompressed this and verified that it corresponds to the Python source
code in the waf project. Because of this, there is no logical difference
between that binary component of that file, and say, a shell archive. For
this reason, I think we can distribute this. (Though we probably still want
to look in to either documenting this, or removing waf.)

This release has my +1 vote. LET'S SHIP THIS THING!

On 29 October 2012 17:29, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Chip Childers
> <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Chip Childers
> > <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> >> Waf needs to go.  No doubt about it.  However, I'm not certain it's a
> >> blocker for a release.  Here's my reasoning:
> >>
> >> Waf is being removed from the project entirely (ongoing work in
> >> origin/maven-to-rpm), so we're not doing something that isn't already
> >> targeted for being undone as fast as possible.   The important thing
> >> to me is understanding that work to remove waf is taking longer than
> >> the community desire to get a release completed at the end of the
> >> summer.  It's one line of bytecode within a file that is not core to
> >> the project itself (it's only a build utility), that has a clearly
> >> marked license for file itself (so distribution is OK), that is only
> >> used as a quick way to create packages for Linux distros (not to do
> >> the actual project compilation), and that will be ignored by any
> >> distro packagers that want to create proper RPMs / DEBs anyway.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>
> >> -chip
> >
> > Noah has raised the question on general@i.a.o, and I'm holding off on
> > closing this vote to get some comments back from the incubator.
> >
> > -chip
>
> One more follow up.  The discussion on general@i.a.o seems to be
> reaching the consensus that we will be ok with the waf file (but
> really should remove it).  I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning US
> ET to close the vote down, giving the folks on general@ time to raise
> any additional concerns.

> computer is
> in

>  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl]
> request
>  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl]
> request
>  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl]
> request
>  [network.security.SecurityGroupManagerImpl]

> and

> have
> happy to
> next

> round.
> clarify

> (where

> all

> appeared. I
> should

VM has come
> up?

> ?

> exceptionally

> about 10

>  [network.element.VpcVirtualRouterElement]
> with any
>  [network.security.SecurityGroupListener]
> HTTP

> https://www.evernote.com/shard/s18/sh/1a151896-8cbb-41c8-93d2-d844e6461146/08efa5dddbd86cb96d7895692f9ec20d
> >>>>> >>>

> https://www.evernote.com/shard/s18/sh/ee10c37e-dad1-454f-a43f-e64d9ef7d9e3/bce4465e03169a3883f825fbb6f43cd1
> >>>>> >>>

> https://www.evernote.com/shard/s18/sh/58221024-608f-4a7f-9531-53c267532efc/cbdb8204c77471ae2fa194355af40430

> there any

> chip.childers@sungard.com>

 Can you do a

<nslater@apache.org>

> /private/tmp/cloudstack/apache-cloudstack-4.0.0-incubating-src/pom.xml
> >>>>> >>>>>>

> /Users/nslater/.m2/repository/org/apache/cloudstack/cloudstack/4.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/cloudstack-4.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.pom

Utils
> 4.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

do a binary release,
> it