cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Reset SSH key support to access VM
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 15:05:12 GMT
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Harikrishna Patnala
<harikrishna.patnala@citrix.com> wrote:
> A user VM can be associated with a SSH key pair while deploying that VM. A user can SSH
into the VM using the SSH private Key. But there should be a provision to reset that SSH key
pair corresponding to that VM, i.e., to associate a new SSH key pair to the VM. This feature
aims to reset the SSH key corresponding to the VM. Please find the functional spec here at
the link https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Reset+SSH+key+Functional+Spec

> Please review and provide your feedback on this feature.
>
> Thank you,
> Harikrishna Pantala

So I know we have some software that exists for sucking in the ssh key
- and that's all well and good. I also know that cloud-init recently
added CloudStack support - can we make sure that your feature works
with cloud-init as well as the CloudStack-specific software?

--David