cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: FS for host updates notifications
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 18:09:22 GMT
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Sanjay Tripathi
<sanjay.tripathi@citrix.com> wrote:
> I was thinking of having HostUpdatesManager in CloudStack core which will enumerate the
adapters of different hypervisors and those adapters will be implemented in the plugin framework.
Initially we have the implementation for XenServisor hypervisor. In the similar manner, adapters
for other hypervisors can also be implemented. The Xenserver adapter will list the hosts that
are being managed by the caller management server and check the updates for the same. This
is to handle clustered scenario.
> I'll update the document with this information.
>
> Please let me know your comments on this.
>
> Regards,
> Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

Please do respond to folks like Wido, Chip and myself. Currently it
appears that the consensus is that this functionality is inappropriate
for and unwanted in CloudStack.

--David