cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [VOTE][ASFCS40] Drop OVM from the supported HV list for 4.0.0-incubating release?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:55:03 GMT
Hi all,

Following up on the OVM discussion thread [1], it appears that we
don't have a full consensus yet.  In order to move forward and make a
decision as a community, I would like to formally call a vote on this
issue.

I'm proposing that we drop support of OVM for 4.0.0-incubating.  I am
NOT proposing that this drop is permanent.  If someone were to decide
that this is important enough to fix / update that code, then I would
be in full support of that effort.

IMO, we can't block a release just because of preference.  So if you
vote -1 for dropping support, I would like to know how you can help
get OVM fixed (coding, testing, documenting) for the release.

So, for the vote, please respond with one of the following:

[ ] +1 : we should drop support of OVM from the 4.0.0-incubating release
[ ] 0 : you don't have an opinion
[ ] -1 : we should not drop support of OVM, and do the work required
to get it ready prior to a 4.0.0-incubating release

Thanks all!

-chip

[1] http://markmail.org/message/ey5zbnhdjik2m2em