cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: content from docs.cs.o
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 21:18:04 GMT
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:58 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> During todays meeting the content (KB articles, design documents, etc)
> currently living on docs.cs.o came up. The big questions are:
>
> What do we do with the existing content?
> How do we ensure that it is maintained?
> Who is going to do the work?
>
> Answers welcome :)
>
> --David

My 2 cents:

Primary docs should already be on our new site.
FAQ and Glossary should be pages on the site.
Cloudbridge docs should have been integrated into the CS docs

I think that leaves the KB articles...  which I'm not sure about how
to handle.  First, several that I found are for versions that aren't
apache versions of the software (i.e.: specific to older stuff).  I'm
also not sure that we really need a KB as a project...  but I'm open
to arguments on that front.  As a project, we *could* do the KB
thing...  but stuff goes stale very fast IMO.

Personally, I'd be happy if the KB ended up being a commercial support
thing for CTX, and the project focused on keeping the primary docs in
order.

-chip