cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chip Childers <>
Subject Re: [AFSCS40] Risks to release...
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 14:30:51 GMT
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 4:21 AM, Noah Slater <> wrote:
> Chip, as far as I know, our current status is:
>    - Any incompatible files, or files we didn't use, have been removed or
>    clean-roomed
>    - Files from projects with an incompatible license have permission
>    obtained from the copyright holders
>    - Everything else has been checked and verified as having Citrix
>    provenance
> Perhaps you have numbers to go along with this?

I don't, but you are correct.  AFAIK, we are good to go with the
source tree and legal documentation.

> I believe we should take this status to the original config file thread on
> legal-discuss, and wrap things up there.

That thread was specific to the question of "config files".  I'll
follow up over there specifically on that topic.

> Just checked the legal thread, and it seems that Sam and Roy are trying to
> work out how to proceed.

That's a different thread.  Sam and Roy are talking about the export
filings.  I'd agree that we should simply proceed with executing the

Joe - Do you need / want any help with it?

> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM, Joe Brockmeier <> wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012, at 02:30 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>> > There was one bug that was reopened on Sunday to add a public domain
>> > statement for the rsyslog.conf file for our LICENSE file.  I completed
>> > that this morning, so AFAIK we are now done!
>> >
>> > I *think* the only outstanding ASF legal / policy item to resolve are
>> > the export filings.  The thread seems to have gone nowhere on
>> > legal-discuss@a.o, after some prodding by Noah.
>> >
>> > Noah (or others) - any ideas on how to drive that one to resolution?
>> The last action (that I can see) was by Jim J. and he took it to
>> legal-internal last Thursday. I've pinged him on the legal-discuss list
>> to see if there's been any response.
>> The other option, I guess, is to go ahead and prepare the filings. I've
>> started on that, though I would not be at all disappointed if we were
>> told it was unnecessary.
>> Best,
>> Joe
>> --
>> Joe Brockmeier
>> Twitter: @jzb
> --
> NS

View raw message