cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ASF40][DISCUSS] Split AWS API / CloudBridge into a separate project
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 21:13:47 GMT
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:

> On 10/09/2012 07:48 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:

>>> So we release source code - so from a release perspective I think it
>>> makes next to no difference.
>>> For the convenience binaries that are being built it might make a
>>> tremendous amount of difference - up to an including functionality not
>>> working
>>> I'd specifically not want to substantially change RPMs at this stage.
>>> Debs could have this broken out since it has never been there, but it
>>> would all need to be tested.
>>>
>>> --David
>>>

>> OK, so let's move forward with this plan:
>>
>> 1 - Get the DEB package built (as a separate package).
>

> This will be hard. Since we have a central control file for the Debian
> packaging it will be something like cloud-awsapi or cloud-bridge
>
> In the spec file I saw that that cloud-awsapi is depending on cloud-deps, so
> that starts to tie it in with the rest of the code-base on a packaging
> level.
>

>> 2 - Test the AWS API via a DEB package installation
>>
>> We don't touch the RPM's now, since it's already been tested and (as
>> of this morning) validated as working.
>>
>> Does someone want to pick up the DEB packaging for Wido (since I
>> assume he's sleeping right now)?
>>

> Not a sleep yet :) I'll be offline soon though, but I can follow up on work
> done over night (for me) and continue in the morning on what Edison came up
> with.
>
> Wido
>
>> -chip

Wido,

Edison has committed his DEB packaging for AWSAPI.  Can you take a
quick peak at it and suggest any changes that may be necessary?  Keep
in mind that we didn't change the packaging strategy for the RPMs...
so perhaps it's not as broken out as you would have originally liked.

QA has started testing, but it would be very helpful to get your eyes
on this before we call it done.

Thanks!