cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] CloudStack Release 4.0, first round
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 15:00:59 GMT
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CloudStack 4.0.0 release, first round.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is
> made. Everyone is free to vote on this release.
>
> We are voting on the beta6 release artifacts available under:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~chipchilders/cloudstack/4.0/
>
> These artifacts have been built from the following tree-ish in Git:
>
> 33ae7ef3afee20247fc753c3e8bed766b0cd04e6
>
> Please follow the test procedure before voting:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0+test+procedure
>
> Thank you.
>
> Happy voting,
>
> --Alex

Alex,

A couple of issues.

First, we shouldn't be voting on the "beta" release artifacts.  I need
to cut a proper 4.0.0 build for us to vote on.

Second, there are still several bugs that I consider to be blockers
outstanding right now.

Unfortunately, my vote is -1 for this VOTE thread, based on the reasons above.