cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [ASFCS40] Could we easily remove WAF from 4.0 somehow?
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:32:24 GMT
Hi all,

The inclusion of the waf file in the source release artifact is a
potential sticking point for 4.0 right now.  So...  what can we do
about it?  I don't think that we want to wait for the build tool
changes to replace it (plus all of the testing that would be
required).

Given that, I know that it's needed to build packages today, but is it
possible for us to remove it somehow?

Could we, for example, include the full waf source in tools/waf, and
document the waf build process in the install guide (as part of
describing how to create the RPM or DEB packages)?

-chip