cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject Re: SSVM Network Configuration
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 16:16:29 GMT
Kelcey,

I am a bit confused about how secstorage.allowed.internal.sites is used which stems to lack
of knowledge regarding the devcloud network configuration.  Also, is there documentation available
for setting up such a NAT?

As a point of clarification to my original question, I am working in the devcloud environment
(using the OVA downloaded from the wiki) where I need to get the SSVM to connect to S3 or
to a local VirtualBox VM running an S3-compatible object store.  Thus far, I have been unable
to get devcloud to bring up a second NIC on a host-only network.  I have attempted to setup
an advanced network configuration as follows:

Physical Network with VLAN isolation method
Management Server: 10.0.2.15 -> Gateway: 10.0.2.2
Storage Network: 10.0.2.50-10.0.2.59 -> Gateway 10.0.2.2 on VLAN0
Management Network: 10.0.2.200-10.0.2.220 -> Gateway 10.0.2.2
Public Network: 10.0.2.100-10.0.2.199 -> VLAN0

Obviously, my network configuration is incorrect, but I have the reached the limits of my
CloudStack and Xen knowledge to identify the problem(s).

Given this information, what is the best way to give the SSVM access to the Internet and/or
a VirtualBox host-only network?

Thank you for your help,
-John

On Oct 3, 2012, at 10:39 PM, "Kelceydamage@bbits" <kelcey@bbits.ca> wrote:

> The the secondary storage VM can be NATed to from any network router, however the console
proxy does not work over NAT.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 3, 2012, at 7:32 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> System vm will have 4 nics, eth2 is on the public network, eth1 is the private(mgt)
network.
>> The IP address of eth2 is got from pod configuration: in one of IP address range
["startip", "endip"] in createPod API.
>> The IP address of eth1 is got from guest network, if it's basic network mode, this
IP range is configured by createVlanIpRanges API
>> SSVM will connect to mgt server through eth1(mgt server's ip address is configured
to route through eth1), and download template from eth2.