cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Nonoss build fails to install
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 06:52:18 GMT
Don't add javassit jar into deps rpm! It breaks rpm build.
Javassit is a dependence, included in  centos 6.3. Again, if it's not in RHEL Iso, need to
turn on RHN.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 9, 2012, at 11:03 PM, "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:

> On 10-Oct-2012, at 11:24 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm maintaining the nonoss build patch which fails for the commit c49f3beccfcd1257eca1ea06606fb55b3fdf5093
which removes javassist jar from cloud-deps.
>> For this one has to either configure a CentOS repo and the dependency will get downloaded,
or install javassist manually.

>> But this applies for a lot of other packages that may be downloaded from a distro's
repo such as axis, axiom etc. then cloud-deps may not have any use.
>> Since we're in code freeze now, I'm reverting let's do this discussion post 4.0 and
make any such changes.

> I followed the commits, with triple reverts, I held my revert back :( I'll ask QA to
just install javassist manually now, since you would know better what you did around that,
pl. see this issue.