cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [ASF40][QA] AWSAPI packging remarks
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 05:41:11 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 8, 2012, at 8:01 PM, "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
>>> Two things:
>>>
>>> How about Wido's remark about us not packaging for Debian?
>>
>> That one is a new one.  Wido said he will work on it.
>>
>> However, I think the last few days has shown that awsapi is not ready to be released
for 4.0.  It's obviously the last thing being tested and it still has problem after a few
days of work to package it.  It's completely optional to CloudStack.  How about we treat it
as a feature that did not make the release and exclude it for 4.0?

> I think that would be very disappointing to our users.  At a bare
> minimum, I'd like to see us get it functional for 4.0.  If we need to
> mark it as "experimental" due to it's migration into the core
> CloudStack project, then perhaps that is an option.

If i could, I would like to move cloudbridge into a separate repository. Cloudbridge and CloudStack
are totally independent projects, they may have different release schedule. We spend so many
time on how to get awsapi passed ASF license check, on how to get it work with maven. Is it
worth to spend so much efforts on something not important to CloudStack itself?

>>> And Frank noted that there are some steps that need to be documented.
>>> Do we have a bug opened for the DOC team on them?
>>
>> That line is only needed for systems at scale so it's not a hard requirement on the
system.  I see that both David and I added a bug for this.  We should just track it as that
bug.