cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Please, please, please... please don't add dependencies without the appropriate legal documentation.
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 07:40:35 GMT

On 10-Oct-2012, at 8:15 AM, Sheng Liang <Sheng.Liang@citrix.com> wrote:

> I wonder if we could add an automatic check in the build script to detect new dependencies
and check them against the legal documentation.

> Sheng

project.  When we add one, we need to (1) discuss it on the list, (2) if agreed ensure that
it's compatible, (3) update the legal documentation for the project.

> We found issues today, that would have been avoided if everyone followed those steps
correctly.

> Thanks.
>
> -chip

I think folks are confused here, we're not adding any dependency to the source code. The dependency
gets added only to the cloud-deps package.
And all dependencies are fetched by maven from apache.org's maven repos.

Regards.