cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sudha Ponnaganti <>
Subject RE: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 19:47:01 GMT
VMware in general has been tested with regression features. Only Nexus vSwitch is what has
been broken. Code can be left in the same state and fix it for next release. 

If Sateesh checks in code, require a day at least to do sanity validation.  It would be ok
to release note it for now as we do not have that kind of time now. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Will Chan <> wrote:
> From this list, it looks like we have two blockers left.
> 1. Adding deb package for AWSAPI.  Edison said he'll look into this and QA for this should
be pretty simple.

Great, that's fantastic news.

> 2. CLOUDSTACK-301. This is the Cisco Nexus vSwitch support that CloudPlatform recently
GAed in our 3.0.5 release (Burbank).  It look like with the recent changes to the plugin framework,
the porting of the feature was not done well.  The time to fix this and to QA it properly
could be in the order of days or perhaps a week.  I would hate to delay the release of CloudStack
anymore due to this one feature.  What does the community think?  Do you think we should drop
this and release 4.0?  I believe we have a couple of other features that are in similar situations
(i.e. Netscalar autoscaling, but I could be wrong).

I would agree.  I think we need to pull this feature out.  There isn't an existing CloudStack
release that has it (only CloudPlatform has it as a commercial product).

What's required to pull the feature out?  Do we want to note it in the release notes and leave
the code as-is?

> Will
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Chip Childers []
>> Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:36 AM
>> To:
>> Subject: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote
>> Hi all,
>> Lots of things are happening right now around 4.0.0, so we're still 
>> not ready to VOTE.
>> Here's a summary of the outstanding issues (as I see them):
>> * AWASPI was integrated to quickly, and some things were missed.  The 
>> thread Wido started on it's appropriateness needs to come to 
>> consensus.  If it does stay, it needs the DEB packaging to be 
>> completed and tested (CLOUDSTACK-294).  Wido is willing to do the 
>> packaging after consensus is reached.
>> * CLOUDSTACK-301 is a blocker as well - That one looks like there is 
>> missing code?  Devdeep Singh is the assigned community member.
>> * CLOUDSTACK-156 is a blocker that was reopened.  Rohit, can you work 
>> with the test team to get it resolved / closed?
>> * CLOUDSTACK-298 is set as Critical.  Can someone triage that bug and 
>> make a recommendation as to the severity and timing of a fix?  It's 
>> currently unassigned.
>> * The release notes need to be pulled in from 
>>  I'll take responsibility for 
>> doing that today.
>> * We didn't pull the internationalization resources into 4.0 (they 
>> were committed to master last night by David).  I'd suggest we hold 
>> of on putting them in the 4.0 branch, but that we use master to build 
>> the project's documentation site.
>> That's all I have on my list right now.  Shout if there are any other 
>> issues, and PLEASE get involved in reaching conclusions to the issues noted above.
>> -chip

View raw message