cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: mysql-connector-python for marvin (was Re: [2/2] git commit: Summary: Replace pymysql with mysql-connector-python)
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:47:03 GMT
This classifies as a system dependency. It doesn't need to go in the
license, but also can't be packaged by our packaging specs (of
whatever type). Our packaging can set it as a dependency.

It should also be documented as a requirement in the appropriate
section of the README.

- chip

Sent from my iPhone.

On Oct 21, 2012, at 2:47 AM, prasanna <srivatsav.prasanna@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 October 2012 05:50, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:
>>> Hi David, I think there should not be any issues. It's a runtime dependency just
like pymysql and obtainable from cheeseshop/pypi using pip/easy_install and while building/installing/running
marvin (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mysql-connector-python). It's the same case with other
deps like nose, unittest-xml-reporting etc.

>>> I think it should be used as it's developed and maintained by the MySQL server
people and there is nothing we're introducing. mysql-connector-python and MySQL server are
both released under GPLv2, pymysql have their own license: https://github.com/petehunt/PyMySQL/blob/master/LICENSE