cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Review Request: maven kvm hypervisor plugin build without -Dnonoss
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 21:40:36 GMT
On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:

> On 09/06/2012 08:05 PM, Marcus Sorensen wrote:
>>
>> Trying to get a working RPM build of 4.0 going... I assume my latest
>> issue is related to this.  "class not found:
>> com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource", if
>> someone is building RPMs isn't it safe to assume they want the
>> kvm/libvirt pieces?  What was Wido's fix? I don't see this patch
>> applied to maven-waf, just 623f199b0378683e6f5f0c2b2b5c692b6504d16f as
>> latest.
>

> Sorry, I completely missed this review!
>
> The legal issue with KVM was approved like Elan posted, see LEGAL-144 as I
> mentioned in the commit message.
>
> I saw Elan's post on the ml, checked out the legal status and enabled KVM
> again since we were allowed to do so :)
>
> Wido

I am not sure that this is my understanding.
Doesn't the 'default build option' have to miss KVM because it
currently doesn't have a license that permits it? Or did we decide to
identify this as a system dependency?

I know we got blessing to produce KVM-inclusive convenience binaries,
but point 1 of the accepted proposal in LEGAL-144 says:
 Disable KVM support in the default build, as per policy.

--David