cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: test lifecycle
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 21:48:10 GMT
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Sudha Ponnaganti
<sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com> wrote:
> +1 for running Junit after successful build-$branch, build-marvin, build-docs, build-apidocs
etc. But in my opinion packages should be built even if Junit tests fail as some additional
features/check-ins can be testable.

> Blocker issues can be logged for Junit failures and pursue them in parallel. For time
being it is ok as there are not that many Junit tests and 1 or 2 failures can get fixed pretty
fast. When the suite becomes sizable, if there are multiple failures, fixing them may take
some time and not having latest build would cause delays in release cycles.

That is a good point.
There needs to be at least one build a day - though I'd like to be
testing the ability to build RPMs more frequently than once a day -
just too large of a volume of change otherwise IMO.