cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Install.sh vs. pacakge repos
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 18:50:17 GMT
David, just to address infra's original comment to you. The benefit of
having a healthy downstream is that our software will be properly
integrated into the respective OS. If we maintain our own debs, RPMs, etc,
there will be some disconnect there. One option is to cultivate a healthy
relationship with the downstream. Open lines of communication, or actually
get involved with the development there. There should be a way to plug this
into the release cycle. So that individuals contributing downstream
packages are notified, and kept in the loop on release schedules. That way,
it should be possible to avoid big delays between the source release, and
the availability in distros. Tough nut to crack though.

--
NS