cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [ASFCS40] Release Candidate Status
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:10:38 GMT
Hi all,

Wido and Edison have been working on build issues this evening, but we
haven't sorted everything yet.

Currently, I'm stuck with trying to build the deb packages on a fresh
Ubuntu 12.04 VM.  I'm getting this error during ./waf deb:

incubator-cloudstack/artifacts/debbuild/cloud-4.0/build/build-aws-api.xml:34:
taskdef class org.apache.axis2.tool.ant.AntCodegenTask cannot be found

Edison is working to get jenkins.cloudstack.org to product the nice
installer scripts / package tarball distros that CS has previously
been publishing.  I think that's still a work-in-progress, and my
personal preference for how to get the binary build artifacts to be
part of a release process.

I'm signing off for the night, but I'll check in first thing tomorrow
morning (around 9 AM Eastern US time) to see if we can use either a
Jenkins build artifact or a manual (local to me) build process to
generate the binary release artifacts.  Once I get a decent binary
release artifact to sign and post, I'll concurrently do the process
for the source distro as well.

My plan is to post the unofficial release candidates to
people.apache.org/~chipchilders/cloudstack/something...  We can't use
the official ASF distro svn tree yet, since that requires a PPMC vote,
and we're not done with the licensing issues.

Anyway, that's all I know for now.  Thanks all!

-chip