cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chip Childers <>
Subject Re: [ASFCS40] Another source code bundle tomorrow...
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:55:41 GMT
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Joe Brockmeier <> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012, at 02:04 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>> All (and Alex),
>> I'll publish another source code package tomorrow.  I'm still calling
>> it RCx (tomorrow is RC3) in the file names.
> Would it be possible to call it a beta, or would that be too much work?
> I'm going to put up a post on later today with Alex's
> revised schedule, and I know some folks will be interested in testing
> this out.

OK - beta1 it is for tomorrow.

BTW - if you publicize it on the blog, please be careful to state that
this isn't an actual release yet.

Also, you might want to wait for Wido to update the packages he hosts
as well.  Those are more useful for users (vs. those willing to do the
build themselves).

> If it's a major hassle - or really even a medium-sized hassle - no need
> to worry about that. But it might reduce confusion.
> (Note - next release, we should probably build in beta releases. I know
> we have daily builds but I'm thinking we should have releases that are
> specifically called out as milestones for community testing, etc.)

+1 - Absolutely.  IMO, once we get to a point where we are comfortable
that the source code is correctly licensed, it's fair game to produce
as many BETA or whatever releases.  We'll just want to vote on them.

> Best,
> Joe
> --
> Joe Brockmeier
> Twitter: @jzb

View raw message