cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: RPM build fixed (maven-waf branch)
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 22:33:47 GMT
Nope. But the file seems to have been generated using the AWS wsdl... I guess if we can use
the generated code, we could use this as well?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:09 PM
To: Prachi Damle
Cc: Hugo Trippaers; cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: RPM build fixed (maven-waf branch)

Prachi,

Do you remember / know specifically where the services file came from?

- chip

Sent from my iPhone.

On Sep 5, 2012, at 5:49 PM, Prachi Damle <Prachi.Damle@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hugo / Chip,
>
> I tested and found that we need to include the services.xml file in aar file generated
by build - without that axis2 cannot deploy the aar files when you start cloudstack.
> We can remove the AmazonEC2.wsdl file safely.
>
> Are there any issues with having services.xml file in source tree?
>
>   [java] org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The services.xml fie cannot
be found for the service: C:\tomcat\apache-tomcat-6.0.29\webapps7080\asapi\WEB-INF\services\cloud-ec2.aar
>    [java]     at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.proessServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:150)
>

> Hugo, the test procedure I use is:
> - remove files and build
> - deploy CloudStack
> - create user and generate keys
> - enable ec2 in CloudStack
>
> For client:
> - register the user's certificate and set up EC2 tools environment
> - use ec2 tools to test commands against CloudStack ec2 api.
>
> Thanks,
> -Prachi

includes them specifically while building the aar.

>> I don't know if these are a must have files in aar. I will remove and check if things
work.

>> -Prachi

The only thing i'm curious about is the mar and aar files. They seem to contain the wsdl files
as well. I now nothing about axis2 so no idea what is needed to get awaapi to work right.

>> Might need some help from the folks that have worked on it in the
>> past
>> ;)
>>
>> IIRC, aar files are the result of an axis build.  I don't see any of them in the
source tree though...  do you?

>> The only mar files I see are the modules/rahas-1.5.mar and modules/rampart-1.5.mar,
which I think are basically dependency files.
>> I did a quick search on maven central, and I think the ones we need are there:
>>
>> http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Crahas
>> http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Crampart
>>
>> Can we make them pull from the mvn central and get them out of the source tree?
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Hugo
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

of three parts. The generated code for ec2, the generated code for s3 and "our" code. I would
like to split this in three subprojects for maven. Two using the maven axis2 plugins to generate
the classes and a third that uses the output from the first two (the .mar and .aar files)
and makes the webapp by adding "our" code.