cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject [ASF40] [DISCUSS] Rename cloud-agent-scripts to cloud-scripts
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:22:33 GMT
Hi,

While working on the Ubuntu packaging I found out that the management
server actually requires a script from the cloud-agent-scripts package,
the "injectkeys.sh" script.

The management server uses this script to inject the public SSH key into
the systemvm.iso.

The problem with this is that both the scripts and systemvm ISO are
placed in /usr/lib/cloud/agent/* when installed.

I think it's very confusing that on the management server you have a
package called "cloud-agent-scripts" and files placed in
/usr/lib/cloud/agent.

My suggestion is to rename the cloud-agent-scripts package to
cloud-scripts, I'd actually prefer cloud-common-scripts since that seems
to be odd compared to our current package naming.

I'd like to place the scripts and systemvm ISO in /usr/lib/cloud/common
instead of the current "agent" directory.

The management server only needs the "injectkeys.sh" script, so
installing all the scripts there seems a bit overdone, but I don't want
to create another package for just the injectkeys.sh script.

Does my suggestions seems reasonable for renaming this package and
changing the location of these files?

Wido