cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject [EVENTS] Re: FOSDEM Talks and devroom: Deadline approaching
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:36:14 GMT
Joe and all,

I looked this up a bit. It turns out last year, all virtualization and cloud dev room proposals
got merged into one:
https://archive.fosdem.org/2012/schedule/track/virtualization_and_cloud_devroom.html

They actually encourage submission from multiple projects.

I also learned that Openstack has already submitted a devroom request for this 2013 fosdem,
they mentioned that they were willing to merge with other virt/cloud proposals.

I talked to the Opennebula folks and they are open to a common cloudstack/opennebula devroom
submission.

It seems best to do this combined submission, keeping in mind that it will likely be merged
with the openstack one.

If nobody objects, I am happy to submit a dev-room request for CloudStack in partnership with
Opennebula.

Once accepted there will be a call for papers from individual contributors.

I can hear the flames already ? :)

-Sebastien

On Sep 21, 2012, at 12:07 AM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I know FOSDEM probably seems like it's a long way off, what with being
> in February and all - but the call for developer rooms (devrooms) is
> fast approaching.
>
> The last day to submit a devroom proposal is October 1st. I won't be
> attending FOSDEM, but it's a pretty important FOSS conference for folks
> in Europe and we should definitely have a presence there.
>
> See here for more:
>
> https://fosdem.org/2013/
>
> Best,
>
> Joe