cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <prasanna.santha...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Query regarding createUser API
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:00:20 GMT
> If we pass the following parameters with the API
> Email
> Firstname
> Lastname
> Username
> Password
>
> And not pass the 'account' parameter (or keep the 'account' parameter as blank) then
,

> Should the user be created taking the account name same as the username? (because this
is the behavior as per the API Docs.)
> Or it should just return an error asking for the missing  'account' parameter.?

For expected behaviour - account parameter should be required argument IMO. We can have different
accounts with the same username and it will cause confusions if accounts are as below.

Consider:
	Account: JohnSmith, User : JohnSmith
	Account: JohnS,  User: JohnSmith

User might intend to be registering into JohnS while registration
fails for account JohnSmith.

--
Prasanna.,