cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: IRC channels
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:48:54 GMT
On Sep 20, 2012, at 6:14 AM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:49 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Not sure who runs the IRC channels, so I thought I'd put this here.
>>
>> At the moment we have:
>>
>> #cloudstack
>> #cloudstack-meeting
>
> I had suggested #cloudstack-meeting to avoid getting in the way of
> user interactions on #cloudstack, so I have no issue with switching
> that over to #cloudstack-dev.

+1

>> Are there any others that I am missing?
>>
>> Can I suggest that we create channels that map to mailing lists:
>>
>> #clouststack (user)
>> #cloudstack-dev
>> #cloudstack-private
>> #cloudstack-security
>>

>> The main channel is for general user chat and support.
>
> +1 - keep that one where it is

+1

>> The dev channel can be reserved for people hacking on CS itself.
>>
>> (My suggestion stems from wanting to ask a question on IRC about CS
>> organisational stuff, without polluting the main channel.)
> +1 - I'm good with this change

+1

>> -private should have an ACL that matches private@, and -security is just a
>> suggestion.
>
> I'm not sure that the PPMC needs a channel.  Do you guys use this
> frequently for couchdb?
>
>> We have a security@ list on CouchDB, but it may be premature for CS.
>
> John, you had discussed starting up a security team.  Any further
> thoughts on that?

We talked about it, and I believe we left it for now saying the PPMC will act as a POC for
security issues. We were working on setting up a security@ alias but then questions arose
as to what's happening with cloudstack.org emails (David?) I see value in a security team,
but don't want to create too much overhead. Let me pull that out to a separate thread...

For the scope of this thread - I think we're fine for now having cloudstack-private serve
for PPMC + security discussions...

John