cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Building debs with Maven
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:10:33 GMT
Thanks David for the comments. Alright, in that case, the non-compliant packages can be shipped
as non-oss.
Regards.
From: David Nalley [david@gnsa.us]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:30 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Building debs with Maven

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:
> Another poll:
>
> Would you prefer all the plugin jars/artifacts in one cloud-plugin deb/rpm,
> or, have separate debs/rpms for each plugin jar/artifact, like cloud-plugin-kvm etc.
>
> Some problem with attachments, my branch here:
> https://github.com/bhaisaab/incubator-cloudstack/tree/maven-debs
>
> Regards,
> Rohit

IMO, there's really no choice in the matter, they have to be broken up
individually.

First - hypervisor plugins: XS and KVM are now ASF compliant from a
license perspective, but VMware is not.

Some other plugins have that same range. I might be ok with F5's
license even though it isn't ASF-compliant, but apparently I need to
be a NetApp partner or customer to lawfully consume the library
necessary for the NetApp plugin, and I have no idea what the current
state of the Netscaler libraries necessary for the Netscaler plugin.

--David