cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: 3P removal status
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 22:35:00 GMT
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Chip Childers
<chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> Pradeep,
>
> You noted that Paramiko has been removed, but I'm still finding it
> being referenced in several files (recursive grep for "paramiko"
> within master).  Can you help out here?
>
> Used by:
>  client/bindir/cloud-update-xenserver-licenses.in
>  tools/marvin/marvin/remoteSSHClient.py
>  tools/marvin/setup.py
>  tools/migration/upgrade.py
>
> Required by:
>  cloud.spec
>  debian/control
>  python/bindir/cloud-grab-dependent-library-versions

I *think* we agreed that tools/migration can just go away (it was for
1.x to 2.0 migrations, and we don't foresee any 1.x -> 4.0 direct
upgrades.)
Marvin is not in the default build path, so that should also be okay I think.

So the remaining questions:
where does cloud-update-xenserver-licenses live - do we care enough
about this code to refactor it or should we toss it or something else?
I'll look at the spec and debian/control and see where the deps lie
and what we should do about it and report back tomorrow on this.
I have no idea about the cloud-grab-dep-lib-versions, anyone else?

--David