cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Writing documentation, where?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 00:13:09 GMT
On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 04:51:57PM -0700, Jessica Tomechak wrote:
>> I suggest it would be great to set up a staging server for our doc reviews.
>> Any review request for a doc patch should be able to include a URL to a web
>> page where the output can be seen. Can anyone suggest to me how to set this
>> up within Apache infrastructure? I have never been in charge of setting up
>> such a thing before so help would be appreciated very much.
>
> Review Board does give a diff of the changes, but not output. I don't
> think I've seen anything of that sort set up before. Might be a good
> question for the Publican list.

Using Publican's publish site tools it's not too bad to automate, and
right now, jenkins is building PDFs and HTML every commit so even
SCPing these somewhere could work. (perhaps the project's people
space?)

To make this even easier in the future, perhaps we can use what the
folks at FUDcon Kuala Lumpur setup and use a system like that to allow
editing.
http://www.fedorareloaded.com/ - no DocBook knowledge required.

--David