cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: where features are developed was: Review Request: Merge Kelven's VPC code for Vmware into asf vpc branch
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:42:27 GMT
On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com> wrote:
> That makes a lot of sense to me, thanks Chip.
>
> For those public repos for non-committers, I presume that they can't use Apache infrastructure,
so Github would be the natural choice.  We have a mirror there now (as of last week) so people
can clone and work there.  How does that sound?

> Regarding the third point, I don't know what the ASF requires in terms of authorship
indicators in commit messages.  We obviously need all authors to have signed the ICLA, but
other than that I don't know of a written policy.  Unless there's something contradictory,
putting the Author names in the commit message seems reasonable to me.

The below has some guidance:
http://apache.org/dev/committers.html#applying-patches

Essentially some annotation needs to be made, but there is no absolute
practice; so comments are fine.

--David