cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From prasanna <srivatsav.prasa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mechanics of the Management Server -> Agent interface
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 06:09:47 GMT
On 13 August 2012 19:50, Mice Xia <mice_xia@tcloudcomputing.com> wrote:
> Watnuss,
>
> You can refer to class Request.java (and related) from package com.cloud.agent.transport,
project core. It uses a library 'Gson' to convert commands into Json.

> About how management server chooses host, simply speaking, each command is sent to the
host which should do the job, e.g. for KVM, a StartCommand for a specified VM is sent to the
host that VM runs on.

> Regards
> Mice

interested in is, where and how the JSON object are created and how they look like. (The first
step would be in which package/file is the JSON file created? Couln't find yet)
>  What I am also interested in is how the management server chooses the host. As I assume
from the log files it sends keep-alives to the management server?

>  It would be really great if you could give me a hand with these questions
>  Best regards
>
>  Watnuss

Alex wrote down some notes on the architecture and the request
dispatch mechanism that I've put on the wiki here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Alex%27s+Architecture+Notes

--
Prasanna.,