cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Jessica Tomechak <jessica.tomec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Call for doc sprint participants: Docbook XML conversion
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 14:08:04 GMT

Please work in the master branch.

> 2.  Should I edit the page below directly to pick up sections after sign
> up?\

Yes please! I see you have already done so.

> Another question is for zh-CN l10n, will the final po files put on
> transifex like CS runbook did or not?

I actually haven't discussed translation plans in detail with the team yet
for 4.0. I've been going on the assumption that we could use transifex if
we wish. If you translate the documentation, of course, we wouldn't need to
go to transifex, at least for zh-CN. I hope I have gotten at the intent of
your question here. Please let me know if there is more to say.

> Thanks.

And very many thanks to you for participating.

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Jessica Tomechak <
> jessica.tomechak@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you have experience with Docbook? Are you interested in helping
> > make sure we have complete installation documentation for the first
> > Apache release of CloudStack? Then read on...
> >
> > The original (pre-Apache) CloudStack docs team converted most of the
> > existing CloudStack documentation into Docbook XML from Word for
> > Windows -- an inherited, obviously non-optimal format. However, a
> > large part of the Installation Guide did not yet make the transition.
> > We have been unable to find a good automated tool, and we could use help
> completing this task.
> >
> > If you have used Docbook and Publican before, or even if you just have
> > the ability to paste text between tags and follow a template format,
> > you're invited to participate in our first doc sprint / fixit.
> >
> > Sign up and find instructions at the link below. All participants will
> > be rewarded with neverending glory or, at least, the very sincere
> > appreciation of the full-time docs team.
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Convert+Install
> > ation+Guide+to+Docbook+XML
> >
> > P.S.: Wido and Sebastien are already signed up. Thanks!
> >
> > Jessica T.
> > CloudStack Tech Pubs
>

> --
> Gavin