cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Jessica Tomechak <jessica.tomec...@gmail.com>
Subject [DOCS] Please allow me to introduce myself: Jessica T, CloudStack Tech Pubs
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:02:24 GMT
Hello all,
I've been using the signature "Jessica T, CloudStack Tech Pubs." In case
anyone would like to know a bit more about that:

I joined Cloud.com in March of 2011 as the sole technical writer. They had
two small CloudStack guides in Word for Windows. Ever since then, I've
handled CloudStack's tech docs, which mostly means I write up new features
as fast as the developers can code them. I filled in the
docs.cloudstack.orgwebsite.

I work on both CloudStack and the Citrix product derived from it. It's my
mission to make the docs truly open-source as part of CloudStack's
transition into the ASF. We added another writer, Radhika, in April, and
the two of us began converting those Word files into the XML in the /docs
directory.

I'm totally energized by the prospect of having more than 1 or 2 people
working on CloudStack docs. The docs repo should be a pool of information
that's modular, reusable, maintainable, and above all, open to
collaboration.

Advice from more experienced open-source writers is welcome. Offers of help
on all tasks related to docs are welcome (and thanks for those already
received). New doc bugs are also welcome -- it's much easier to notice and
track bugs than email.

And now, the links:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Documentation+Team

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Documentation+Contributors+Overview

See also: the README in the /docs directory of the repo.

I'm looking forward to working closely with the community.

Jessica T.
CloudStack Tech Pubs