cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Tomoe Sugihara <to...@midokura.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Binaries (jars) in our source tree/source releases.
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 23:19:52 GMT
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com> wrote:
> [...]
tasks, but Chip and John and you seem to have most of that under control anyway, so we can
probably afford it.

> If I'm the one who does it, then I'm going to use Gradle unless someone tells me otherwise.
 I have been reading around, and the frustrations that I've had with Maven in the past are
precisely the ones that Gradle was designed to address, and I think that it's a good choice
for us.  I am open to other people throwing their $0.02 into that discussion, but they'll
have to do it soon!

Hi Ewan,

I'd be happy to help although I can't take charge or guarantee how
much time I can spend.
I'd argue that we should have a better build system in place before
the release as It'll be a big pain
to having to deal with multiple build methods.

I have an experience in Maven, but open to new (supposedly better) one.

Tomoe