cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Build directory license header issues
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 15:38:34 GMT
RAT is now reporting [1] only a couple of issues in the build
directory, but they are a difficult situation to resolve.  Please take
a look at the issues below and provide your comments.

These scripts / config files are licensed with the CDDL.  We have a
problem here, since CDDL is classified as a "category B" license type.
 The ASF rules state that category B licenses can not be part of an
Apache project IF the inclusion is text / script [2].

- build/deploy/production/agent/storagehdpatch/etc/nsswitch.conf
This file has a bunch of configuration lines, but nothing that isn't
simple configuration.

- build/deploy/production/agent/storagehdpatch/etc/system
This file is actually only one line of configuration.

- build/deploy/production/agent/storagehdpatch/etc/default/init
This file is actually only 3 lines of configuration.

- build/deploy/production/agent/storagehdpatch/etc/ssh/sshd_config
This file has a bunch of configuration lines, but doesn't actually
have a license.  It does have a copyright (Sun Microsystems).

I'm unclear how to resolve these issues.  Advice welcome!

-chip

[1] - https://raw.github.com/chipchilders/asf_cloudstack_RAT_results/master/build.txt
[2] - http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html#category-b