cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Binaries (jars) in our source tree/source releases.
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:22:23 GMT

> I have no clue what the technical release process is, like how you are really
> going to build Apache CS and produce a release distribution.  I have a good
> idea of how Citrix used to do it, but for Apache CS if all we want to do is
> release jars, we can stop at gradle.

I don't think Apache CS will only release jar files.

I once planned for CloudStack to be a bunch of components driven by a orchestration engine.
 Components.xml was written originally intending for administrators to specify at deployment
time the components that can be deployed and used by the orchestration engine.  CS is no longer
like that and it will take a while to get it back to that type of state.  The appeal of CS
today is that it is a product and we should release it as such for now.

--Alex