cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Ch...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Navigation concept
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 17:38:11 GMT
The slide out navigation was another option. A demo can be seen here:

http://www.schhen.com/citrix/demos/demo1/#

This would have been the backup solution for older browsers that did not support css3.

Thanks You and Best Regards,

Sonny H. Chhen
Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems - CloudPlatform
4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Chan [mailto:will.chan@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:34 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org; cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Navigation concept

I personally would like it if the navigation would just slide out.  The 3d stuff although
is "cool", doesn't seem to add anything useful in terms of UX.  In fact, I would argue it
makes it slightly less useful because the text become blurry.

Also, I assume this required HTML5 and building something like this prevents users of older
browsers the ability to use this unless you plan on having supporting multiple navigation
models.

Will