cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] links within a document.
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 19:37:33 GMT

On Aug 16, 2012, at 3:20 PM, David Nalley wrote:

> So we have a mass of xml files that are assembled into different
> documents by other XML files.
> So for something I was playing with locally, I built the developers
> guide, or well, tried to. It failed (for multiple reasons) I fixed the
> first, and started to fix the second, when I realized that this could
> easily be a much larger issue, and so I figured I'd bring it here for
> discussion.
>
> As a side note, I started adding documents to be built in jenkins so
> we can start catching this kind of thing, but the log for
> cloudstack-dev-guide is good for this conversation.
>
> http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/job/build-docs-devguide-master/123/console
>
> You'll see there is a link to a document, that within the developers
> guide, doesn't exist. So building the document fails. I am sure that
> we use that link in other documents, that we assemble but not in this
> one.
>
> Curious as to your thoughts on this - do we just have lots of CI that
> catches it for us? Is there some way to catch this without CI?
>
> --David

David, IMHO we need to decide on what guides we want to have for 4.0(I have not seen such
discussion), it will be a subset of all the documentation we have out there.
Then we work on migrating the rest (what is not in publican fmt right now) as well as updating/correcting
it.

I don't think we should automate right now, we should do a manual configuration of couple
guides that are going to build for the release. We could decide on that during the IRC meeting.
Then Joe can build them :)

In that particular case that would mean removing cloud-infrastructure-overview, the title
in itself tells me that this does not fit in a developer guide.

-Sebastien Goasguen
Cloud Computing Evangelist, Citrix EMEA